Monday, July 14, 2014

4.14.14


WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PARKER!!! That’s exactly where he needs to go. New York, New York!!  Of course!!  Wow, when does he leave? That’s awesome. 

So, this week we had stake conference (in Rivera) and also interviews with Pres. Smith, which means best week here! During his talk, he spoke a lot about our desires (Alma 29 doctrine of desire). He discussed how the Lord gives us what our heart really desires. If we want happiness, he gives us happiness through our decisions. Like Joseph Smith, when he wanted to give the papers to Martin Harris. His desires at that moment weren't the same desires of the Lord’s. But that’s why the Lord gives us the opportunity to repent.  Read it in D&C 3:3-10.  We are still chosen for this work and we are still important to our Heavenly Father. He just makes me want to change my desires...he talked about a bunch of other things. A cool part was when he was talking about working with the members and getting them to go on visits with us. He started teaching, but then he paused and said, “you know what? Let’s just have E Running, E McRae, Hna. McMurray and Hna. Ramirez come up and teach us about it because they are working with the members so much that their bishop talks about how amazing his missionaries are with the members in that ward… and how they are the best missionaries he’s ever had.” Then, with interviews... So E Running is a genius on the piano and Pres. Smith's daughter (who is a singer) flew in to sing a song in the stake conference, so they had to practice the song. His daughter asked if it was ok to practice for a bit so we stayed in the church. While they were practicing, I basically talked with the rest of Pres's family. Sister Smith, Audry (18 was studying at BYU I and is preparing to serve a mission) Jerry (16 and has a professional trainer helping him with golf every day) Starla (10 and the princess who loves me). Pres was also there.  I really wouldn't mind staying around him and his family all day long. They are just amazing people and they said they would love to adopt me if it was ok with my parents. I told Sister Smith about how you (mom) said I would love her and how the first day I met her I instantly took her as my mother on the mission. She said she loved me so much and couldn't imagine how much my real mother loves me! Pres took that time to interview me, and he said, “first, I want to tell you that I loved your last letter. I don't read that many letters to my family but for some reason I just love reading your letters to my family. And of course they love them!” I sent him the one I sent you about conference and all of that. H said, “Did you know that when your bishop asked me for the best missionaries I had for the job, I knew exactly who I was going to give him?  He speaks so highly of you and how you are just a light for the ward and for his family. Thank you so much, Elder, for shining in any circumstance that I put you in!”  He said a bunch of other things and I just loved it!!! I wish we could have him in our presence at all times! He is the most successful person I know, and I hope I can be like him. Not just because he’s rich!!! But I loved the emails. I wish I could write more but there’s not much time. After this past week, I am in kick-butt mode and getting pumped to get people to come unto Christ! Thanks for everything!!

Elder McRae

No comments:

Post a Comment