Wednesday, November 2, 2016

4.13.15


 Thank you so much for your emails and prayers. Every time I ask for forgiveness or confess to someone for what I've done I feel so much better. Being a Zone Leader in Montevideo allows me to see all of the missionaries that train, are going home or that are being sent to Montevideo in the terminal in tres cruces. On Wednesday I was able to see E' Neilson (my son/who I trained) because he was going to train. I was able to ask him for forgiveness, tell him what happened and let him know I loved him. He let me know that I was his favorite companion and that I helped him make important repentance decisions when we were together. We talked about how amazing it feels to just let everything out and how it makes you want to confess every little thing. We were able to talk for a good amount of time and he let me know that he loved me and that he couldn't imagine his mission being the same without starting it off with me. E' Rampton finished the mission so I was able to see him in tres cruces as well. He told me that he was so proud of me and how blessed he was to have a trustworthy friend like me. He told me that we were going to for sure hang out and help one another stay strong after the mission. It still amazes me how perfect my companions are on the mission. I've been having incredible experiences with true prayer and enjoying the help and strength of Christ's atonement. I'm asking Him every night what I need to do to truly repent of everything I've done, looking to obey all commandments and being faithful to all personal covenants that I've made with Him. 
I'm grateful for every experience that I'm able to have while I'm still here. The Assistants moved into our house and ward so we've been showing them around the area. Mario was baptized and loved all of it. Pres Smith was able to go with all of the new missionaries. There was an investigator there from a different ward that went up to him and asked what it was like to be baptized. He was able to testify to her and actually committed her to take the same step of faith and be baptized. It was awesome. We've been finding new people and having a good number of people in church. All of the members love us and the leaders talk about how amazing we are in comparison to the missionaries in the past. They also love Pres Smith. They said that he and his missionaries are just better. Our bishop was Pres Smith's bishop when he was serving here. Our bishop keeps letting us know how happy he is to be part of our mission now (because before Barrio 7 belonged to the other stake and the other mission).  
Another RM got back from the Ecuador Guayaquil South mission. He gave his homecoming and talked about how Ecuador was and it was pretty cool because I wasn't really ever able to ask about how it was from Conner (I'm sure he tried to tell me all about it that day we had together but I wasn't really interested). All of us missionaries started to talk about how amazing our mission is. I'm sure other missions are great and everything but our mission really is the best. E' Dallin H. Oaks is coming the 21st. 
Thanks again for everything. I'm so grateful for this new perspective I have on life and my future. It's filled with hope and promises. I know that I'm really doing everything I can to follow the commandments because I can feel the remission of my sins taking place. I'm completely willing to do what He wants me to do and have felt humbled to the dirt which has brought countless times the visitation of the Holy Ghost. 
Keep me in your prayers and I'll keep you all in mine. 
Love, 
E' McRae





No comments:

Post a Comment