Wednesday, November 2, 2016

5.4.15

Ok, about the money...I'm pretty sure that the way that missionaries have done it without the card is through Western Union. 
I'm glad that you guys were able to do a family fast. I'd like Gavin to write me an email about what he felt and stuff. Now we just have to keep the commandments and diligently search for the answers that the Lord's willing to give us. I know that it could take some time. 
So this week went really well. A bunch of people went to church even though it was pretty cold. All of our Progressing Members achieved their goals and we're working a lot better with the ward organizations. After the leaders saw the people who they told us to visit for the week attend church, they got all excited to work with us and gave us more work to do. 5 of the 5 members we visited and invited to return to church this week, went! I'm talking about people who haven't gone to church in YEARS (3 of which have the Melchizedek priesthood). The member's testimonies were amazing and the inactive members who we've been visiting all felt the spirit. E' Lipo and I basically flew out of the church with joy and were like, ''LOOK AT WHAT THE LORD CAN DO!''
We had an awesome meeting with our stake pres. He loves us. At first he was not ok with how much we've been doing with the members and the ''small'' number of baptisms (in reality we're having the most baptisms here ever) and the stake president didn't like the direction of Pres Smith, but now he sees how important it is that we're full-purpose missionaries. 
The ward activity was awesome. We bought the wood for an asado and made choripan while watching Meet the Mormons. The activity was to pump up the members to help us plan a public massive activity in one of the high schools here in our area. They were all bawling and loved it. We have a youth in our ward named Juan Manuel who is preparing to leave for a mission and his mom and sister were in tears when they saw the missionary part of the movie. It made me think of how my departure was...it was like, ''whelp...we'll be seein' yuh in 2 years.'' and then I left with E' Sasser… oblivious of what I was really doing. Nothing like the movie. 
Something you guys can do for me is just really organize what we need to talk about. I'll have some things that I'll want to talk about of course. I don't want you to think that there are certain things that we can't talk about because you want me to be focused on the mission...trust me. There are way too many things to do and to worry about, that I'm not going to lose my focus. I've learned that going home doesn't end my mission. 
        A bunch happened this week but they are mainly stories about the people we're working with. Gavin and Abbie are going to be so lucky to serve a mission when The Lord has hastened His work so much. I can't wait to skype with you guys though at 2.30 our time! It's funny....I'm going to meet E' Lipo's family on Sunday and then I'll be meeting them in person when they come and get him in 2 weeks.
Thanks for everything that you're doing! I love you all! I got that package with all of the Sunday school kid's testimonies. They were awesome! 


E' McRae

No comments:

Post a Comment