Wednesday, November 2, 2016

6.7.15

Hey family! 
So this week, I'm not sure what happened. The weeks are kind of blurring together. Nothing too interesting happened this week. We did divisions with the assistants and one of our district leaders. The two lunches that we had were both incredible, so E' Villar missed out. He got to go to the temple though for a sealing of one of his converts, so that’s probably better.
        While he was at the temple, I worked with Juan Manuel (one of the youth who is preparing to serve a mission). A bunch of people are progressing. Camila went to church finally and brought a friend. Maria Noel and her boyfriend are planning on getting married so that she can get baptized and they can get sealed in the temple. I was with Juan Manuel and E' Harbold (district leader) when we went and visited Maria Noel and Nicolas. They wanted to have a Noche de Hogar. At the end of the lesson and activity, they were like, “well, we couldn't make a dessert so it looks like you guys are going to have to eat dinner with us instead.” They gave us polenta. I don't know what it's called in English but it's disgusting. Not only is it gross at it's best cooked form, they cooked it before the Family Home Evening, so it was cold and awful!  But, they're good people and I’m grateful for their generosity.
Yesterday we went to the Stake President’s house to have a lesson with his family and him. He doesn't live in our ward, but we figured it would be good to meet with him and his family at his house instead of at the stake center. Did you know that the temple is the most sacred place on the earth and our homes are the second most sacred? Not the church?  I didn't know that! But anyways, it was a great lesson. We talked about the gathering of Israel and the connection it has to Home and Visiting Teaching. The covenant that God made with Abraham is that all of the families of the earth will be blessed through his posterity. We are his posterity.  Through us, He fulfills his promises, so if we don't do our visits (with the purpose of blessing the family) we're not helping him fulfill His promises. We were able to discuss much of this concept and then we connected it to the plan we've received from the area. They loved it and we had a great time teaching and talking to President and his family. 
I'm loving the mission still. It's crazy how when we help the ward get stronger, the Lord gives us success. I love you all. Be sure to send a BUNCH of pictures of Scotland! 
I loved the pics of the camps. I miss them so much!


E' McRae 

So last week I talked about concilio. So after concilio we were so excited that my head exploded.  I'll tell you guys the story later but yeah, I'm an idiot. I'm completely fine though. It already healed up.  

Nope.  I didn't have to get stitches. It was big, but not really deep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment